So here is firstly what I know...
***
Target audience
For now let's just say late primary school to early adult (11-29 ?).
Time Length
No longer than 5 minutes at the very max. 2 mins at the least.Setting
Either a fantastic world, or the ordinary world in a fantastic light. Or possibly a thematic setting. Let's work that out later.
Medium
While some of the ideas I have come up with seem suited to 2D, I would like to experiment with a completely 3D short animation. Or perhaps a stylized combination of the two. But to have some practice with 3D character animation is one of my goals.***
My next port of call is a theme for the animation. While I want to make something that is going to speak to others, not just me, and attract as wide an audience as possible, I also know that the thinner I spread myself, the weaker my idea is going to be.
Also, the more it speaks to me, the more drive I have to create it to the best of my ability, and to develop it in a way that will speak powerfully to others. So it must remain personal, a projection of myself, but also outwards-looking for those who watch it...
...hence from this thought comes my next post.:)
