We're just setting up a rig for this cartoony fellow Anthony has supplied us with. Nothing special yet, but certainly giving me thoughts about how I am going to rig this mysterious sock monster. More details on character design and a final animatic very soon. Especially as I am keen to get sound started soon as possible.
Mr Cartoon fellow.
Heel, Toe, Ball, Ankle. Not exactly an accurate foot but there to remind me :)
Also the key pointers I got from today:
- Try to never scale a rig. Model to scale/test it with props and scene
- More posture in a rig gives it a more natural animation. Less simulated dummy style
- You'll pretty much always have to manually fix joint orientation. red/x/"rotation" axis always points "down the chain". Using the select component btn, with joint orientation toggled.
- Position a joint (logically). like an elbow further towards the edge. So flesh stretches around one side an gets more compressed on the other. not evenly!
- Left is blue, right is red, middle is yellow (Duh)
Coolio. Now to learn it much more in depth with a bit of Googling

