I'm quite happy with the timing for my short, and although the animatic is very painty there are some quirky expressions I can see growing out of it. Next step, refining the look and blocking out the 3D (I've already started character modelling too).
We are meeting up with the Diploma sound kids tomorrow, who will be creating the soundtrack. Another exciting joint project :)
Here is the back and forth progress I've gone through for character design. I've settled for the simple tube sock look, with wide white googly eyes. "Simple is better" seems to be the motto of the moment. The absurd poses and expressions I'm getting from this particular fellow tell me he's going to be the best for time constraints and allow me to dedicate everything I have to the animation its self.
Some
interesting faces. The one-eye reminds me too much of the minions from
Despicable Me. The buttons are interesting stylistically, but in reality
make for a pretty expressionless character. Unless I explore them a lot
more, which for this project I simply don't have time.
A few more sock ideas.
The very quick model, with the girl/boy exaggerations to add in.
By next week I want a clean animatic and 3D model possibly rigged or at least enough that I can start blocking out in 3D and locking off my cameras.



